SCWA

Powered by FundRazr

Pages

Followers

Tuesday 6 September 2016

Autumn Colours

Good morning and happy Choosday everyone. Yes it's

So over at the Digi Choosday blog today the challenge for you is of course Anything Goes, but for the DT we were asked to use Autumn colours and here is my make.

I love the colours that you see in leaves at this time of year, all the different shades of oranges, reds and purples so thought I would use that as my inspiration.
Image result for autumn colours

I've used the two butterfly stamps from the Absolute Vintage Stamp set. I've stamped a background with them and then stamped some individually and fussy cut them out. I then used 3 distress inks, Abandoned Coral, Pickled Raspberry and Seedless Preserve to create a graduated background and the same inks on the butterflies. I added some faux stitching around the background and created a topper using some dies and then inked and added faux stitching to that. I made a double bow and wrapped it around the background before gluing into place. I then shaped and glued on the butterflies, adding one on top of the bow.
You could use butterflies from any of the fab Polkadoodles collections to create this. And after I finished it I thought of an easier way to do it. You could fill an A5 or even an A4 sheet of card with either digi or stamped butterflies then go over the whole page with your inks, then choose the bit you want for your background and then fussy cut out the rest of the butterflies. It would be a lot easier than trying to ink individual butterflies.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:
Sunny Day Crafting - ATG
TTCRD - ATG
Craft-Dee Bowz - ATG with a handmade bow
Crafting From the Heart - ATG
Craft your Passion - ATG
Creatures & Critters - Must have a creature - Butterflies


19 comments:

  1. Love those delish colours, Anjie! Gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh so prettyyyyyy lol I love the colours & that dies & bow are just awesome :) xXx
    My Blog Angie's Craft Hideaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh my, gorgeous beautiful colours and fab design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Anjie I love it hugs Aly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Anjie! Colors are stunning. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours you have used for this weeks challenge Anjie so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting!
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!!! Love your colour palette, so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful creation, love the colors and a beautiful design!
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Ellie
    Critters & Creatures Linky Party
    Let's Color Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anjie, this is so gorgeous!! Love the design and the colors. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, beautiful colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card. Great colour x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous, Anjie! I love the stunning colour combination! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! - Patti (CYP DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card with lovely colours, the butterflies look so beautiful.It would be fantastic if you shared this creation at Anything goes September link-up, Just keep on creating
    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colours and fab layout. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete