SCWA

Powered by FundRazr

Pages

Followers

Sunday 29 July 2012

Been a while

Hello blogland, it's been a while since I blogged as I have been in Spain since the 3rd July. We went over to suprise my friends daughter as she was going over to spend her 18th birthday with her Dad, her Aunt and Gran who live over there. She had no idea we were going so she was well chuffed when we popped out from behind a wall and surprised her! Her gran has her own pool in her garden so we did a pool party for Alicia, it was a great day. I made her a banner using some My Craft Studio artwork.

I also had the task of making her a birthday cake as she loves my triple chocolate cake!
I can tell you it was no easy feat baking that cake in that heat! It was over 50 degrees while I was slaving away over it! I kind of gave up in the end with the covering, there was no way of getting it smooth. And of course, no one had a cake tin so I had to compromise. I had to take over my baking tins and scales as no one over there bakes!
Anyway, she loved the cake and her party.
I think the look on her face says it all! She is an adorable girl and is growing into an amazing adult.
She is mad on all things 50's, especially Marylin Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. These are some of the pressies we gave her, a Marylin towel and lighter, a bottle of bubbly and a bottle of Jack Daniels all in a Marylin gift bag. We are also paying for her a tattoo of a 50's pin up girl doing when she is ready for it. I'm the one holding the towel up and that's my hubby at the side of me, thankfully you can't see what he is doing! Cheeky boy!
This is the card I made her:
 The papers are from Polka Doodles, and the image is from Charmed Cards and Crafts.
 The inside of the card is done in the style of a book using elements from the Polka Doodles Picnix CD.
Luckily it survived the journey over there in my suitcase!
Well, that's it for today, and a long post it is!
Come back tomorrow as I'll be posting something special from My Craft Studio that I am currently trying out for them! See you then xx




No comments:

Post a Comment