SCWA

Powered by FundRazr

Pages

Followers

Wednesday 21 September 2016

New goodies

  Good morning everyone. Yes it's Wednesday and I'm blogging, you've not got your days mixed up.
Did you see the Stamps By Me show on Create and Craft a few weeks back? No, well if you see them coming again please watch the show as there were some fabulous products on there. One of the things that caught my eye was the Stamp and Scratch products. Well I was that impressed with seeing something new on C&C that I left a message telling the lovely Toni Darroch just that. After we had a little chat Toni asked if I would try the products and write a post letting you know what I thought of them. So here you are. 
First off I used the Sending You stamp set and scratch off stickers. I stamped a background using the masking method, (I will show this below for those that have never done it). The flower stamped perfectly every time, leaving a crisp and clear image behind. I then coloured the background with Prisma pencils and a white pen. I then stamped the flower again on it's own to use as a topper and stamped a message in the centre of it. I put the card together using black card for matting to make the images pop.
 I then used one of the silver Scratch stickers over the sentiment.
 And then got scratching with a coin. As you can see it worked perfectly! It was really very easy, easier than scratch cards you buy in the shops to be honest.
Here you can see it partly scratched off.
And here it is fully scratched off. It left a clear glossy sticker behind that as you can see doesn't stop you in anyway seeing the message underneath, the only giveaway it was ever there is the glossy finish it leaves behind. Which to be honest I like, it's like glossy accents without the mess you can make of it. So yes, I would definitely recommend these products to anyone. The stamps are perfect, great quality polymer and crisp clear images every time. And the scratch stickers are great fun, I bet little people would love these on their cards. And I suspect quite a lot of adults would as well to be honest as they're so different.
So for those that have never done masking before here is how I did it.
You start by stamping the image a few times onto either post it notes, if they are big enough, or copier paper if not. I used copier paper as the stamp is quite large. You then go around the back of the image with a glue pen that when dry is repositionable. All Sakura glue pens do this, the ones that when the glue is wet it is blue.
 You then stamp your first image where you want it on your card and place the mask over it.

 Then stamp your next image where you want it. Then stick another mask over that one if needed and carry on stamping and masking until you have the background you want.
 I used three masks to create the background I wanted. As you can see it allows you to create a background without any stamps covering another one, just like if you laid lots of real flowers over the top of each other. And when you've done keep your mask safe in the stamp packet so you can use them again.
Please pop by tomorrow to see another few makes from me using these and more Stamps By Me products.

1 comment: